Monday, February 28, 2011

Non capisco... my first day of Italian class

I had to take a placement test on the first day of my Italian class.

I get to the language school promply at 9am and some people are already taking the placement exam.  So I sit down at an open desk and begin taking the exam as well.  I thumb through the first few pages and kind of laugh to myself... its all in Italian!  I look to my right, and the girl next to me is busy writing down all the answers, she knew everything!  The only thing I understand is "name" and "nationality."  So I write down the answers and raise my hand.  The instructor calls on me and I say, "Ummm... Mi scusi.  Non copisco!"  Literally translated means, "Ummm... Excuse me.  I don't understand," which I'm sure the Italian interpretation is somewhat similar to what we think of a dumb blonde from California sounds like.  So... Now I'm a dumb blonde of America.  Awesome.  People are looking at me funny. 

The instructor pulls me into the next room over, just the two of us, and we sit down next to each other at a desk.  He does this motion with his hand where he points to his mouth and then points to my mouth, back and forth.  OMG!!  Does he wanna make out?!?!  That's my first thought... but then I realize he just wants to talk. FEWFFF!!!!  Then he says, "We do oral."  Did he just say what I think he said?!  I must have a really dirty mind, because now I'm thinking he wants to do more than make out.  Anways, Bre, get your mind out of gutter... Please forgive me, its 9am, I'm tired. 

We continue with our "oral" exam which took all of 3 minutes and I see him write on the paper, "Level 1.  Beginner."  AS IF I NEEDED TO BE PUT THROUGH THIS EMBARASSMENT IN ORDER TO TELL YOU THAT!!!!!!!!! Hello!

So much for my first day of Italian class.  I didn't learn anything execpt for the fact that I'm a perv at 9am.

b.

No comments:

Post a Comment