Thursday, January 20, 2011

i ruined dinner.

Luciano came back from Trento tonight, and Alessandra asked me to finish making dinner while she went to pick him up from the train station.  Pretty simple, right?  Boil some pasta, puree some soup; brainless... pfff... I over cooked the pasta! 

Alessandra told me, "Pasta for Italians is like hamburgers for Americans.  We like it cooked a certain way and we won't eat it if its not just right."  So, in an attempt to salvage the tortallini, she did what any good Italian would do... Add some olive oil and parmasian cheese.  Well, needless to say, no one would eat it... Except for me!  lol  I mean, its not like it was bad or anything, it tasted fine to me, a little mushier than normal maybe, but by no means unedible.  They thought I was crazy for eating it HAHA!

We all had a really good laugh about it...  Oh well... I guess I'm not as Italian as I thought!

Love,
b.

No comments:

Post a Comment